The project is based on a scientific research program, in which radio transmitters are mounted on the fish to find out where and how they move during their migration up to the river to spawn. Project FishRun views the this as a sports event. Companies can buy and name their own Grand Prix start of six fishes racing gallantly upstream - and people get a new sport to cheer, play or bet for.
Project FishRun events provide entertaining way to learn about problems of the fishstocks, and to raise wider attention about the subject. People can cheer their favorite fish and companies can help to save the salmon from distinction while using the Grand Prix starts for their own marketing and PR.
The first FishRun event has now started on Kymijoki, Finland. Support our mission, help us to save the fish and heal the rivers!
You can support the the research program in collecting the funds it needs by:
- Downloading FishRun (in finnish only) application from App Store
- Following the race and betting winners
- Inviting your friends to compete with you and to share this cause
- Sharing the news and speaking for the fish
- Asking your employer or your favorite brand to take part in our event.